Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring 09 Release

Yep, that's right. The game will be released next year of spring 2009. Not known of an exact date but we should be told at UFC 84. Now here is what really got me emotional when I heard this release date, first of all, what about the roster, it would might look really different from what it is currently is from now till then. Secondly, releasing a awesome trailer in July of 2007 and waiting 2 years to release the game is ridiculous, this got me mad. But what about that playable demo that was said by Marcus Davis a couple of months back, maybe that will be on display at UFC 84, but not playable for the general public. This really crushed my heart when I heard this "release date" news, I was really looking forward to this and now it looks like we have to wait 11-12 months for this game to come out. But there is a bright side, this gives the developers alot of time to make the game well, we should be expecting a awesome game with the time the dev's are given.

It's a shame, I was constantly thinking about this game but now when I read it is coming next year and not this year, it really left me empty, from now on I won't be updating this blog but I will keep it alive. I have no more motivation for this game anymore.

Here is the soucre and the piece of the article that spoils the release date as said by THQ's CEO Brian Farrell.

Source

"We're also excited about launching our first games based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship in spring of next year in conjunction with a prime UFC event. And importantly, the new WWE Legends of Wrestlemania game next March is a great addition to our portfolio."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i totaly agree with you, when i saw this i was devestated. i feel the same ways u do especially about the trailer in july 2007 and a release date in 09. damn it dude. keep the website goin tho man i still check it, or let me know where i can keep looking for stuff.....
imsogoodlikethat@yahoo.com
thanks

harveyfofi said...

This news really sucks big time for us, but I am going to even more down on the 24th if we only get very limited information. I wish they would release new info every few weeks after the 24th. I wonder when is the THQ show? the 24th or the 25th?
Since I am working most of the day on Saturday I probably won't see any news until the 25th. :(

harveyfofi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcnamara.mma said...

We need more news!!!

Unknown said...

We should be getting some info on june 20th on a tv show on Spike.

Best regards from Iceland, keep up the good work.

Aaron said...

There are two sides to consider when it comes to game delays. I have seen too many games released half completed, and it sucks. Lots of companies like to release a half-done game and finish it via patches.

These days, when I see a game's release date getting pushed back, what I think is "Good. They're taking their time and are not going to release a buggy, incomplete project." It usually seems to work out that way, too.